The ICT Innovation Centre is proud to endorse and support ACEC 2006, the premier professional learning event for ICT leaders in 2006. The centre will be sharing the results of its work at the conference and encourages Queensland teachers to share their knowledge though conference presentations and through attendance at the conference. This event will be a showcase of the smart classrooms in Queensland schools.
ICT Innovation Centre
The ICT Learning Innovation Centre is situated on the 3rd Floor of the new ICT Building, University of the Sunshine Coast campus (J Block) at Sippy Downes.
ICT Learning Innovation Centre - Sunshine Coast
PO Box 7102 Sippy Downs 4556
Contact: Ian McKenzie - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 07 5459 4590 Fax: 07 5459 4598
The ICT Learning Innovation Centre is the Department of Education and the Arts’ premier professional development centre for the education sector.
Developed in 2004 in partnership with the University of the Sunshine Coast, the ICT Learning Innovation Centre has been designed to deliver leadership in learning using Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs).
As the only Centre of its kind in Queensland, the state-of-the-art facility promotes the innovative use of information and communication technology to enhance learning and deliver quality-assured services in education.
Designed for life in the ‘Smart State’, the ICT Learning Innovation Centre is supporting the development of Smart Classrooms, and assisting teachers to make technology an integral part of student learning.
The Centre is focused on developing and incubating innovative teaching and learning practices, and creating new teacher/educator professional development and training opportunities across Queensland.
A test-bed for new and emerging technologies and innovative pedagogical approaches, the ICT Learning Innovation Centre explores partnerships with industry and service providers to realise the learning potential of these new technologies.
The Centre will:
- Develop and incubate innovative teaching and learning practice to provide leadership in learning technology and create new Teacher/Educator professional development and training opportunities aligned to the Standards for Teachers;
- Foster innovative student centred learning approaches through research and development into new technologies and learning applications;
- Promote partnerships with the University of Sunshine Coast and other higher education institutions to explore new ICT career pathways for students, joint research opportunities and professional development experiences for teachers and educators linked to curriculum initiatives;
- Expand international student, teacher (preservice, inservice, undergraduate and postgraduate), administrator, corporate education markets on the Sunshine Coast; and
- Establish a reputation as the ICT brokerage and conference centre of choice throughout Queensland through providing a range of quality assured services including: coach/mentoring, consultation (audit), situated learning practicums, instructional design, integrated curriculum planning, accredited (certificate) programs and quality e-learning support systems.
Find out more
The centre boasts 5 flexible learning spaces all fitted with the latest in information and communication technology as well as state-of-the-art presentation infrastructure including: videoconferencing, teleconferencing, and audiovisual equipment. These are avialable for use by the educational community.
The centre hosts a range of Innovation projects which result in research and professional learning programs. Check out the website for programs to join.
For more information
Contact the ICT Learning Innovation Centre reception for information, bookings and rates
between 8.30am and 4.30pm.
Call 07 5459 4590 or email LICSuncoast@qed.qld.gov.au
to join the mailing list and receive regular updates on the latest technology programs and professional development opportunities.