Date: October 2-4 2006 with pre-conference program on October 1 2006.
Location: Cairns Convention Centre. Cairns, Far North Queensland.
Conference Title: Australian Computers in Education Conference 2006 (ACEC 2006)
Conference Host: Queensland Society for Information Technology in Education (QSITE) on behalf of the Australian Council for Computers in Education (ACCE).
0419 715 152
0414 813 491
Assoc. Prof. Neil Anderson
0402 269 055
Assoc. Prof. Cathie Sherwood
0409 642 499
0437 633 508
(07) 3349 1831
0419 649 061
Significance to the Computers in Education Community
Due to partnerships forged with major conference providers and educational systems within the Queensland, the Australian community, and the international community, several conferences and strategic events are being hosted simultaneously. This extravaganza promises sponsors and partners to the Australian Council for Computers in Education and the Queensland Society for Technology in Education exclusivity of access to the national and now international computer education community.
Partnerships have been formed internationally to bring delegates and speakers to Cairns for ACEC 2006. These groups include:
- International Society for Technology Education (ISTE)
- Asia Education Foundation
- Auckland Computers in Education Society
- CORE Education (formerly Ultralab South)
350 speakers, 4 major symposia, 6 major panels, 50 trade exhibits.
We expect educators from Schools, Universities, TAFE colleges, Government Departments and juristictions and professional associations to attend this conference. Som eductaors will be IT specialists, others curriculum and pedagogical specialists and many leadership in ICTs in all levels of education.
- Tri-nations opening keynote
- Keynote and invited speakers program
- Silver Circle of sponsored speakers
- Technology experiences for teachers
- Wireless connected conference
- Streamed sessions and video conferencing
- Teachers' field trips to IT installations
Large Trade Fair including a Market Day for local companies, school communities and families
- Tremendous North Queensland social program
- Themed conference dinner
- Stunning setting at the conference venues and in the local area